Welcome to our website !

Crossing the world

"You say I dream too big, I say you think too small"

1 • DEAR HFAMILY

By 09:18

Scrivere la lettera a quella che sarà la mia host family è forse stato il primo passo per realizzare che fra meno di un anno io sarò in America. In questa lettera ho messo me stessa, chi sono, cosa mi piace e non mi piace fare e cosa mi aspetto da quest'esperienza
Dear host family,
my name is Sirya and i’m a sixteen-year-old, Italian girl who’s wondering about how she can describe herself in one letter. Many of my friends say that I can write very well I mean, this letter is the first concrete thing to start my experience as an exchange student, so it’s normal that I’m a bit hesitant, isn’t it? Anyway, I don’t want to waste time to digress.
What can I say about myself? I think I’m stubborn enough to keep wishing that I’ll leave for the USA as soon as possible, despite some moments of fear and worry, but I can also be very reasonable and easy-going, if I understand that I’m wrong.
I can’t believe I’m finally writing this letter! These words will finally allow me to find such wonderful people as you that, bearing me for a year (don’t worry, I’m not so terrible!), will help me realizing my dream: improving my English in a huge way and becoming a perfect American girl.
My family has always thought that education is the most important thing that a person should have, so I think I can also be defined as polite; I’m very well-mannered, thanks to my parents. They tried also to teach me how beautiful is the order, but, unfortunately, I’m still a bit untidy.
I’m really close to my family. I have a sister that’s younger than me. Her name is Arianna and she’s a petite peste. Sometimes we argue and fight, but since I told her  that I wanted to spent a year away from home, she has been saying that she’s going to miss me so much and that she doesn’t want to take and eight-hour flight just to give me a hug.
My parents have been happily married since 1994 and everyday they show me how an eternal love should be. My father is a carpenter and he always knows how can make me smile. Every time I’m sad or worried, his words lift me up. My mother is a saleswoman and everyone says that we seem like sisters.
I can say that my best friend is part of the family , her name is Arianna , like my sister . We met on the first day of high school and to ’ start did not go quite agree . By the time we began to know and for me it’s like a sister , we define “ Geme ” that twins . I feel safe with her and never judged , we fight often and at such times as I want to understand her. From these moments, I understand that they are insecure because my greatest fear is to be replaced. I think that this experience will also help me to deal with these fears and make me stronger .
Family is really important for me, and maybe it’s because of that I’m so excited while I’m writing this letter. I really wish I’m going to feel a part of a family with you.
In my free time I like writing stories and reading books. My favourite writers are Kathleen Woddiwiss and Jane Austen, I love English literature but also the yellow kind I appasiona depends on the book.
I also like going out with my friends, especially on Saturday nights, when we can go to the disco, and traveling. In the last couple of years I’ve travelled: I’ve been to Galway and to Ireland.
At school I’m studying 2 foreign languages: english and german.
I’d like to have a reflex and someone who can teach me how to take good photos. Unfortunately, I’ve got a normal photo camera and not much culture about phorographing.
Saturday morning I volunteer all'Ancora “a cooperative that help elementary school children with homework. During summer for the past three years and give a hand in those three months I always animated with children.
Last but not least, I love traveling and discovering new places and realities that are totally different from the ones I’m in everyday. I like changing my habits and getting used to other cultures so that I can have new experiences and meet new people.
I think there is always something to learn from the others, so, after this travel, I know I will be very richer thanks to you and to everyone I’ll meet there.
I’ve never had a doubt about this experience, I’m very determined.
Therefore I’m really glad with my parents that understand how important this experience is to me.
Another aspect of my personality is that I get really serious and quiet when I’m in important situations, but then I can be also very talkative and friendly when I’m with friends in informal occasions.
I don’t like to cause problems to the others, so I’m really calm and obedient I think I can be a good friend and a good daughter, helping you whenever you need a hand, and hoping you’ll do the same with me.
What else can I say? Mmm, well, I hope we are going to know each other soon, so we’ll be able to find out each others qualities and interests.
With love.
Sirya

You Might Also Like

0 commenti